Thursday, September 18, 2008

The First Few Days of GOT

After all this time of waiting and saving, the GOT semester started. I finally was able to put a face to the names I've been seeing for several weeks.

I meet the group and they had us play a few name games to break the ice and help remember everyone. Then we went over all the beginning stuff for the program, put us on the Metro, and took us to Greenpeace's head office in downtownish DC. We got a personal tour of this very cool "Green" building and everyone seemed very cool. Apparently we will be spending a lot of time in the office which gives us "Student Activists" a chance to meet all the green peace folks.

Lucky for us, a live protest was going down that night, at the very nice DC Nationals Stadium. Exxon Mobile wants to name one of the greenest Stadiums ever built! So a few of us GOTers got to head out and help protest in front of the stadium while others petitioned for signatures to send management. I enjoyed helping out, and of course I couldn't turn down free tickets to a game! ;-)


Once again I'm very sorry I don't have pictures. I need to get a card reader for my camera. If anyone has one for a Sony Camera, by all means, let me know.




From BlackBerry


Yay an update!



No comments: