Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Petitioning

Today they trained us on how to petition out on the streets. They wanted us to get some live practice for later on in the semester. I was a little anxious but thought it would be a good experience. But I was totally taken back by the fear and reaction of others in the group. Some were extremely nervous about it. Others didn't want to do it. I guess I forget that some people don't like talking to perfect strangers on the street. Something I really would like to get better at!

I'm not going to lie, it's hard to go out into a very busy intersection trying to get busy strangers to fill out post cards. I'm talking like downtown D.C. here, no joke, suit and tie's walking around in a hurry. I stood next to a busy metro entrance and did my thing. Of course I kicked ass and went beyond the goal set. I was very proud of myself. :-)

Plus I had a ton of fun, I can't wait until Delaware!

No comments: